Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Now I barely have a garage . . .



Tabula Rasa means clean slate. This has some meaning to me at this point in my life. My wife and 2 little ones just moved ourselves and our lives across the country from Colorado to Ohio. Why? To be closer to our families. I worked at G&L Choppers with owner Rich Ford for the past 3 years and helped him build 22 complete bikes. Now I barely have a garage. I also had the opportunity to build my own bike while working for him and this meant the use of the shop and tools. Now I barely have a garage. It took me 2 years to build my bike in my spare time and I finished it a year and a half ago. In a nutshell, this bike has been around (or the idea of it) for the past 3.5 years. It is time for a change. A clean slate.

I love my bike but my tastes have changed and they change about every other month. I figured I would sell some parts to buy new parts and give her a makeover. You all know how it goes. This is cheaper than building another bike and in the end it will look very different. These changes will probably happen in stages. I wanna concentrate on the front end and wheels first. Going for that super skinny vibe. Definitely changing up the paint once I decide if I am gonna keep the tins or change em up a bit. Hopefully I won't lose my mind in the process and my goal is to keep it rideable most of the time while I am changin things up. Then again, winter is right around the corner and I have no idea what Ohio has in store for us this winter! Here is what my bike looks like as of today.

just a side note, Tabula Rasa was also the name of a killer band out of Pittsburgh who I had the opportunity to see in college. I always liked their name.

Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure their are plenty of people in Ohio with some tools to help.

    ReplyDelete